วันอังคารที่ 31 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

www.pin500.com



My son's favorite teacher of all time was retiring, and I searched and searched for an appropriate gift for her to be given at a retirement party that was to be given in the school auditorium. After all the wonderful things she did for my son, his favorite teacher was going to get her very own "favorite" gift.
Anyway, I must have looked at over a hundred sites online with thousands of "specialty gifts" for a teacher, most of them drenched in the ubiquitous apples, before I stumbled onto a site that suggested getting a grocery gift card for a favorite teacher. I called my son over and told him that I'd find the perfect gift. When I mentioned that his favorite teacher would be able to buy anything she desired from the grocery store with the gift card, his eyes positively lit up. "Ohhh," he commented, "and I know just what she'll buy too!"
Of course, I inquired as to what that might be, and he excitedly told me of his favorite teacher's penchant for lobster. So right away we went to the grocery store and together we bought her a decent gift card. We also invested in a beautiful card in which to place the gift card, and my son came home a happy as a clam.
The retirement party day finally arrived and I accompanied my son to the party. His teacher said a truly beautiful farewell speech, and many cried. At last it was time for her to open her gifts. I was so glad that I had not succumbed to the "apple" motifs stuff, because she received over 50 things with apples on them!
When she opened up my son's envelope, her face broke out in a joyous grin, she hugged him and said quietly, "I'm getting lobsters with this!" The mirrored joyous grin that was on my son's face is something I'll never forget. Eventually she sent a thank you note, and inside was a picture of her just getting ready to dig into the nicest red lobster I've ever seen.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น