วันอังคารที่ 30 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Coleman Hooligan 4 Tent

Coleman Hooligan 4 Tent
 
Overall this is a good tent, but I found out the hard way that the tent isn't waterproof. There is a basic problem in the maufacturing of the tent fly. The fly itself is well constructed and the seams are sealed, but after the seams are sealed they stitch on the velcro tabs which hold the fly to the tent poles. When they stitch the velcro on, they don't reseal the stitching, so it leaks. Their "guaranteed waterproof" doesn't help much miles from the car in a downpour at midnight. I've sealed the seams myself now, so we'll see if it helps.
Beyond that, the overall set up is easy and logical. There are two main poles that cross to support the tent, and another pole across the front to support the vestibule. It's important to note that the tent without the fly is all mesh, so you can't use the tent by itself unless you don't need ANY privacy. I was orginally skeptical of the vestibule design, but after a few trips I've come to like it. It lets me keep the dirty and wet gear outside, which keeps things cleaner inside. I'm a big guy, so it's a little bit of a pain to duck under the vestibule to go in the tent. The floor seems solid, and the overall material seems more durable than some other coleman tents, such as the Sundome. There is a vent at the top rear of the tent, but it seems like a place to let water and bugs in. The interior space of the tent is good, but you can tell that from the 9x7 footprint. Another feature I would have liked is to have staps to hang a lantern in the top of the tent.
Assuming my sealer keeps the tent dry, I'll continue to use it, becuase of the good interior space, but there is real room for improvement in this tent.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น