วันพุธที่ 17 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Hidden (House of Night)

Hidden (House of Night)



This is an improvement over the last few House of Night books. I am home sick and was looking for something to read, and this popped up from Amazon. I truly did not even care about this series anymore after the last 2 or 3 books, they just seemed to be fillers, and absolutely no fun to read IMO. The adult characters were a relief in Hidden, finally no more just absolute nonsense surrounding Neferet. I was over hearing about her fooling the whole world after book five, and I felt that it was dragged on to the point that this series was just ridiculous and worse, boring. In Hidden we finally get to move on, and it is enjoyable! It made me remember why I liked these books to begin with.
I think it was a good choice to have rotating narrators as the story actually moved along quickly, and it was refreshing to hear from some of the more mature characters. I actually liked Zoey again in this book, probably because we weren't forced to listen to pages of inner-monologue from her.
As a pleasant side note: The phrase "bull-poopie" is refreshingly sparse in this one.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น