วันจันทร์ที่ 22 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Coleman Sundome 3-Person Tent

Coleman Sundome 3-Person Tent



This tent is good for the price, but 'ware the rain! The moment I got the tent, I sealed all the seams thoroughly, then packed it up for a weekend trip. It rained all weekend, and at first I was quite pleased to be one of two people in the group to have a dry tent. That first night there was some condensation on the tent walls, but nothing to complain about. The second night, however, sure showed me. It didn't outright pour, but it did rain steadily all night, and I woke up during the night to find myself soaked. The seams didn't leak - the water came right through the fabric of the tent. The floor/tub remained waterproof, but the siding needs some significant waterproofing to make it through a rainy night.

Other than the rain problem, this tent performed admirably. The zippers were waterproof, despite having been packed in such a way that the flap over the door's zipper tended to stick straight out. The ventilation was good without being terribly breezy. There's plenty of room in all directions, and it was easy to move around and change inside. Setup and takedown were a breeze, even by myself in the rain! (Just drape the fly over the top to cover the mesh.)

I don't regret buying this tent, but I won't be taking it out for a wet weekend again. Curling up in a soaked sleeping bag was more character-building than I was prepared for!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น